Friday, May 24, 2013

1. Family

Family makes me happy. Whether we're related by blood or marriage or not related at all, they always put a smile on my face. I grew up in a somewhat large family and now the littlest chick is about to fly the nest and go off to college. It's an odd feeling. Our family dynamic has changed quite a bit in the last several years. My dad and step mom got divorced; I haven't talked to my dad since 2006; my step mom I still consider a good friend; she is now remarried and her new husband I consider my step dad; his 2 kids I consider my siblings. Add in my cousin's husband; my sister in law; my child; my mom. I wouldn't change any of them for the world. Although some times we may not agree on things, they are family. We are each other's support, encouragement, love, laughter, and what makes each of us a little bit crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment