Tuesday, May 28, 2013

5. Writing

My poetry writing days really began in 2005. My writing style has changed a lot since then and I may not write as much as I used to, but just the idea of writing brings a smile to my face. I am not the type of person who can just sit down and start writing I have to be inspired. There are many things that inspire me such as music, books, movies, other writers. Before I had my daughter I could be found at a poetry reading every Tuesday night. I would get up in front of that mic and read my own stuff. I would always get really nervous because my poetry is a window into my life. It's very personal and kind of like a journal for me. It's cheap therapy. Nowadays I am writing more stories than poetry, drawing from ideas of things I would like to happen in my own life. I haven't yet finished anything, but one day I will and I will have a published book! Just you watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment